Step 1: Apply for Rebate test
Step 1 – Application Instructions
The first step in the GreenXchange Program is to be approved by your utility. Please fill out all fields with your correct information and indicate the equipment to be purchased. Please ensure that you have read the terms and conditions for the program since you must agree to them.
Your application and information will be sent to your city’s utility. When your application has been approved, you will receive a confirmation email within 10 business days. The email will contain an Xchange Program ID to be used to file for the rebate and a document used for disposal of the equipment.
If you have questions, you may contact the following city offices:
Rebate Without Disposal
Enter Your Information
GreenXchange Program Standard Terms and Conditions
- Rebate applications will be handled on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be offered until funds are depleted. No further application will be accepted once the funds are used. Each electric utility has set aside different amounts for the rebate program.
- The customer must have a current utility account in their name and be in good standing with the utility.
- The eligible customer is allowed to receive only one rebate for one type of equipment in this program.
- The rebate amount will be no greater than the amount shown on the table or equal to the purchase price of equipment.
- The rebate is only applicable for new electric-powered equipment only. The customer agrees not to return the yard equipment partially paid by the rebate for a cash refund, store credit or to purchase any gas-powered equipment with the store, unless the customer refunds the amount of the rebate to the city. The customer may exchange the electric equipment for a similar type of equipment with the store without forfeiting the rebate.
- Proof of disposal. The Xchange document you received from the city should allow you to dispose of your specific yard equipment without a fee. The disposal site should stamp the Xchange document and sign it to indicate that the equipment was received and must be uploaded and accompany each rebate application.
- Proof of Purchase. A dated invoice or sales receipt itemizing the purchased electric yard equipment must accompany each rebate application. The invoice or sales receipt must indicate the manufacturer, brand, model numbers, purchase price, date of purchase and state sales tax amount paid. Any electric equipment purchased and dated after April 1, 2020 may qualify for the rebate.
- The electric utility and its respective agents reserve the right to verify sales transactions and to have reasonable access to the customer’s residence to inspect the purchase.
- The application form must be filled out completely, truthfully and accurately.
- Within ninety (90) days from approval, the Customer must submit the rebate application along with uploaded images of the signed Xchange document and proof of purchase/sales receipt for the yard equipment. By submitting for the rebate, the Customer agrees that all the information is true and accurate and has conformed to all of the terms and conditions for this program.
- Rebate applications will be processed on a first- come, first-serve basis until the funds are depleted. The Customer should allow about four (4) weeks from the receipt of the completed rebate application to process the rebate. Rebate checks will be sent to the address listed on the customer’s account.